Pages

February 20, 2008

Secret Revealed...

So I teased you a week or so ago with the promise of some upcoming news... Well the news is....

As you know I decided (at the last minute) to write a thesis to complete my Master's degree. It took a lot of work and a lot of sleepless nights, but I completed it. All the time I put into it has come back to me because I have won an award for my thesis! That's right, Black Dilbert can be considered an "Award-Winning Author" now. My thesis was named the "Outstanding Master's Thesis of 2007" for the Computer Science & Engineering department. I was very shocked when my supervising professor sent me an email with the news two weeks ago. It was very hard to not share it and tell the world as I am very happy about all of this.

The professors have been telling me that I need to come back for the PhD program and I think they might be right... Who am I to deny the future software engineers of the world the opportunity to learn from an "Award-Winning Author" haha!!

On another note, my supervising professor has just been offered tenure so the good fortune is all around these days.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations from your brother in law who also hopes to someday be an award winning author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Will! You definitely earned it. :)

    ReplyDelete