Pages

November 1, 2010

What’s Next?

I have to admit I have come to a bit of crossroads when it comes to this blog and my journey in software development. I think I am in need of some sort of change. When you begin to feel like you are doing routine things over and over it means it is time to try something different. That is where I currently find myself. I have been doing normal Java development since the early 2000’s with only a few small detours. I think it is time for me to truly branch out and start learning the principles and practices of other technologies. Now I just need to decide what those technologies are… Any suggestions???

1 comment:

  1. First, what do you love? Do that. Technology is secondary. Build something that will change the world.

    If you want something truly new, then get away from OO languages. It's a small technological step to Clojure, but a big conceptual one.

    Or if it's the tired old 3-tier architecture that has you in a funk, play with some of the NoSQL solutions. Study Event Sourcing and CQRS. See if you find MongoDB or CouchDB interesting.

    You may come back to Java with renewed enthusiasm. Or you may find your way to a completely different platform.

    ReplyDelete