Pages

April 15, 2011

iPad 2 or Android Tablet???

ALERT: This is a non-nerd post…

My wife will be returning to school in the fall to start working towards her PhD and I am thinking that she would benefit from using a tablet. I just can’t decide if I should get her the iPad 2 or one of the newer Android tablets running Honeycomb. We currently have Android phones and she seems to like hers, but until I get Honeycomb in my hands I have no idea how Android translates to the tablet.

So what does a tech guy do? He asks for input from other tech guys who have gotten their hands on the devices. So please share any opinions you might have on the iPad 2 or one of the tablets running Honeycomb. You can either respond to the post or let me know what you think on twitter at @mrwillsw.

2 comments:

  1. The simplest solution would be to try a honeycomb tablet out, see if you like the way it scales up, whether you like the available applications. I definitely think the iPad 2 is a better machine than any available honeycomb tablet, but I also prefer the iPhone 4 to Android phones, and clearly you've made different choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The reason we have Android is that our current carrier does not have the iPhone and it would have been too expensive to make the switch. With the tablet though, we are not tied to anything as I will be going for a wifi only option. I guess I will need to get out and get my hands on both.

    ReplyDelete