Pages

June 5, 2007

Here Comes the Consultant

I worked from home today because I had a bit of a sore throat, but in the morning I have to go to work almost no matter what. Why, you ask? Because we have a consultant coming in the morning to step us through a vendor product install.

Now, for those of you who are entering the software development and engineering world will most certainly encounter these scenarios. The boss man will say we need to save money so instead of building something yourself you will buy something existing that already does it. Nothing wrong with that, but in most cases you will need to learn how to use it which is where the consultants come in. They will come in and show you how everything with the product works, which is great but usually these guys come in and throw so much at you that you spend the next two weeks trying to figure out what all they said, lol.

So tomorrow I will be sitting there trying to write down as much as possible while Mr. Consultant shows me how to install a bunch of extra features that we probably will never use. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I could be killing roaches with Milton in the basement....

No comments:

Post a Comment