Pages

December 29, 2007

Next Project??

So, I'm done with grad school (for now anyway... a whole story in itself) and I'm thinking that I need a new project. I have a bit of development work I'm doing for my mother's business and that should be finished soon, but I need something I can use as my hobby.

Here are my ideas so far:
  • Lego Mindstorms NXT Robots
    • I got one of these for X-mas 2006 and I got a couple new books for it this X-mas. I know how to use Java to program the NXT block now so I need to come up with some bots I want to build.


  • Start an open source project
    • I have no idea what I would want to create, but it would be a big step towards owning my own business.


  • Develop a business application
    • Mrs. Black Dilbert has a lot of things she has to keep track of in her profession. I think that I could make her a few apps that would help ease some of the things she has to do each day.


  • Develop an application to monitor a monthly financial budget
    • I promised Mrs. Black Dilbert this one a few months ago. We came up with a budget to help cut down on my spending on nerdy things, but I've somehow managed to dodge the budget so far. :-)

Hmmm...that's quite a list. I think I may not have a lot of trouble finding things to do. That is, until all of these people can talk me into going for a PhD. Actually, Dr. Dilbert doesn't sound too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment