Pages

December 15, 2007

The Walk!!



So it is done!! I have now graduated and am deciding on my next move. There was much talk today by professors and my family about going for a Doctorate degree. I am considering it, but it will not be something I undertake in the immediate future. I need at least at least a year long break from all the school work. If I was to go back to the alma mater for the Doctorate I would have to take another 18 hours before I did two long semesters of full time study, in which I wouldn't really be able to work. Not to mention I would need to decide in what area I plan to specialize. The thesis for this time around was in Networks and I think I want to go more the software engineering route from this point forward. Oh well, it's a thought at this point at least.

For now I am in training next week for C# .NET programming. It is the first of two training courses I am taking. I need to add some more tricks to my bag and throwing a little .NET into the mix won't hurt. I'm already planning on taking the Java programmer's certification exam in the next couple of months so I can make my way to the higher Java developer certifications.

Anyway, I have done a lot of learning in the past few years and I have plans for a lot of learning in the future. I think everyone should learn as it will only expand the mind and bring about new solutions to problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment