Pages

June 15, 2008

Java Certification

Around this time last year I got the crazy notion that I would drop $200 to get a voucher to take the Java Certified Programmer exam and get become a Sun Certified Java Programmer and eventually get the Developer certification so I could have some padding on my resume. Well a year has passed and I still have not used my voucher and it expires the end of this month. So I finally have scheduled my exam and will be cramming in Java semantics into my head until then. I have no idea why I thought this would be a good idea as the Programmers certification is nothing more than a test and does not involve the test-taker to actually write any code.

So we will see if I pass or not even though I have been programming in Java since 2002. I think I should be okay though and once I pass I will be able to use the SCJP gif in my email and on here, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment